Guidelines : Grating
- Grant approval immediately. (In memos, use the subject line to clue your reader.) The reader’s main interest is a “yes” or a “no.” After the reader has the answer, he or she can better concentrate on your details, exceptions, or other elaborations.
- Don’t be wishy-washy in your wording. For example, phrases like “this date does seem like our best alternative” or “it would appear he is capable of handling the project” make the approval sound tentative. Instead, be direct: “You have my approval to…,”“Yes, please proceed with your plans as stated in the report…,” or “I agree that the course of action you suggested is our best alternative. Please begin the project immediately.”
Example 1 : Grating Approval Letter
SUBJECT: Approval for High Plains Roadshow Date and Guest List
The guest list and May 23 date for the High Plains Roadshow sound fine. Please add Bill Wyatt’s staff at Eastern to your invitation list.
Keep up the good work; I’ll look forward to hearing the show was a success.
Example 2: Letter of Grating Approval
SUBJECT: Approval for Beaumont Welding Center Additional Space, AFE 22-426
You have my approval on the extra 140 square feet at the Beaumont Welding Center.
Example 3: Sample Letter for Grating
SUBJECT: Approval of Delay in Release of Adventures in Science
You have my approval to delay the release of Brian Anderson’s Adventures in Science until the fall of next year.
Example 4: Example Letter of Grating
SUBJECT: Approval of Request for Benefits Meeting
Go ahead with the benefits meeting on the 3rd. I agree we need to clear up the confusion about the new Key Health life insurance options.
Example 5: Letters for approvals the gratings
SUBJECT: Approval for Blood Drive Time Off Schedule
You have my approval of the schedule to give billing department employees time off to participate in the St. Sebastian’s Children’s Hospital Blood Drive. Please stress to your staff this is not personal time but time to do charity work.
Example 6: Letter for Approving Grating
SUBJECT: Leave of absence
Realizing everything you’ve been through these past few months, David, we’ve decided to approve your request for a two-month leave of absence. Needless to say, it won’t be easy without you around here, but we are willing to make the added investment in you.
So, take off at 5:30 today and we’ll see you in two months. I wish you the best.
Example 7: Example of Grating Letter
SUBJECT: Appropriations request
Your appropriations request for the R&D Department has been reviewed and approved by the Operations Committee. However, the OC has stipulated the following adjustments be made prior to final approval being granted. They are:
• Reduce internal systems consumption matrix by 5 percent
• Define need for $2,000 for employee break room
• Explain the intended application of the rotorvator
Otherwise, it’s all in order. Good job.
Search Docs and Letters
- Business Letters (186)
- Adjustments (4)
- Advertising (7)
- Announcement (11)
- Annual Meetings (1)
- Appointments (5)
- Approvals (2)
- Bids (6)
- Billing Problems (5)
- Collections (7)
- Complaints (5)
- Confirmations (8)
- Cooperations (1)
- Cover Letters (1)
- Decision Not to Do Business (1)
- Directives (1)
- Errors (2)
- Expenses (3)
- Government Relations (3)
- Information (3)
- Inquiries (19)
- Introductions (3)
- Legal Matters (3)
- Meetings (13)
- No Replies (1)
- Order Processing (14)
- Payments & Returns (11)
- Policy Statements (1)
- Problems, Pointing Out (1)
- Procedures (1)
- Publishing Journal Article (1)
- Recommendation (1)
- Referrals (2)
- Reminders & Follow-ups (2)
- Responses (4)
- Rumors (1)
- Safety Precautions (1)
- Specifications (1)
- Suggestions (4)
- Suppliers (10)
- Thank you (15)
- Welcome (1)
- Free Agreements & Contracts (3)
- General Docs (3)
- Human Relations (64)
- Personnel Issues (49)
- Proposals & Reports (16)
- Public Relations (57)